by Unigroup Engineering
To Fit Nissan 180sx, s13, s14, s15, Silvia, 200sx
Made in Australia
Engineered in Australia
UN1CAMS are the newest "STEP 1" direct install "drop in" camshafts to be released for the SR20DET and are designed to gain power and torque across the whole RPM range for the best overall improvements "under the dyno curve".
- The most power and torque gains across the rev range up to 7500rpm
- Excellent part-throttle response
- VCT/VTC compatible
- Best overall improvements "under the dyno curve"
- Made and engineered in Australia from brand new billet SR20DET blank cams
Max Gains Across The Rev Range Up To 7500rpm
Instead of sacrificing low and mid-range power for top end power UN1CAMS are fundamentally designed differently to make the most power and torque across the rev range up to 7500rpm. Optimised for minimal lag and maximum power to make street driving more enjoyable and to get you the best results at the racetrack, UN1CAMS makes more power and more torque everywhere over 2500rpm when compared to standard cams running the same boost.
Compared to other popular aftermarket camshafts UN1CAMS have produced more power and more torque across the majority and sometimes even across the entire RPM range.
These cams were specifically designed to work with the standard bottom end and to be a direct install with no other changes required. UN1CAMS are low duration and do not require upgraded valve springs, retainers, or gears.
We stay close to the OEM rev range because engine wear and tear increases exponentially as the engine RPM rises. Reliability and longevity is important. Instead of making the power in the 8000+rpm area, UN1CAMS are optimised to make the power by 7000-7500rpm for less lag, higher overall power and torque gains, more response and longer engine life.
UN1CAMS are well matched to small to medium sized bolt-on SR20 turbocharger kits up to 350rwkw/470rwhp including:
- OEM Nissan factory turbos
- Garrett GT2860, GT2871, GT3071/GTX3071 and GT3076/GTX3076
- Trust T517Z, T518z, and TD06-series
- HKS GT-RS and 3037-series
- Tomei ARMS M7960 and M8270
Are These Cams Suitable For You?
We do NOT recommend these camshafts if you:
- Have a built motor that frequently revs to and over 8000rpm+
- Want the biggest peak power figure
We recommend these camshafts if you:
- Have a motor with an rpm limit up to 7500rpm
- Don't want to sacrifice low range torque and mid range power
- Street drive your car
- Want excellent response and power across the whole rev range
- Circuit race, time attack or drift (and want excellent transient response)
- Are running a small to medium sized turbo (capable of producing up to 350rwkw or 470rwhp)
Specifications and Comparison
All camshafts listed below are "step 1" or "drop in" and do not require any other modification.
Standard valve springs are compatible with all of the below camshafts (standard valve springs do not "bind" even at 12.5mm of lift).
* Prices are approximations.
|Duration (deg)||Lift (mm)||Duration (deg)||Lift (mm)|
|HKS Step 1||s13||256||11.5||256||11.5|
|s14/s15||NO VCT||NO VCT||NO VCT||NO VCT|
UN1CAMS are engineered with high lift and low duration which are the fundamental differences that set the UN1CAMS apart from the rest. We find that UN1CAMS outperform other "step 1" or "drop in" off the shelf brand name camshafts by up to 8rwkw across the RPM range on a SR20DET producing approximately 250rwkw.